Trump is more like Hitler than he was three years ago on the eve of his election.
This is an easy thing for me to measure because I wrote a post on October 19th 2016 in which I compared Trump to the rise of Hitler. Three years later Trump is clearly worse – or better if you are a neo-Nazi.
My comparison from October 2016:
- Like Trump, Hitler:
- played on people’s fears and racism;
- promised to make his country great again;
- had little regard for civil rights;
- presented himself as a strongman;
- was dismissed as a clown who could be controlled.
- Unlike Trump, Hitler:
- had a strong, united party behind him with broad national support;
- faced no strong opposition party;
- had already tried to overthrow the government (in Bavaria in the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch);
- had a master of propaganda (Joseph Goebbels).
The first five are still true
View original post 398 more words